Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tagalong Cake Bars

Sometimes you gotta bake something that you're not gonna eat. Like yesterday: I had the random urge to bake and decided to use the for-baking Tagalongs I'd bought last year. Despite the fact that I gave up chocolate for Lent and wouldn't be able to have whatever I made until Easter. Still, I've baked with chocolate during previous Lents and had a much harder time not licking the spoon than I did this time. So I did a little searching and came across the Tagalong version of the Thin Mint Gooey Cake Bars I had made last year for Kevin's birthday. Apparently the food bloggers who posted the recipes are friends who had gotten together and made some delicious magic. (I do at times wish I had a friend like this.)





Tagalong Cake Bars (source)







  • 1 box yellow cake mix
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 10-12 Girl Scout Tagalong cookies, coarsely chopped




  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with foil and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Place cake mix, butter and egg into a large bowl, mix until dough forms. Press dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with chocolate chips. Stir sweetened condensed milk and peanut butter until well combined and pour over dough. Top with chopped Tagalong cookies. (for the last step, I really just broke each Tagalong into quarters and sprinkled them on top.)
  3. Bake at 350 for 23-25 minutes. Let cool completely, cut into squares, and serve.
My family seems to like them. Kevin has promised to eat extra since I can't have any. He's also rubbed it in how good they are. Little brothers! ;)







No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...