Friday, April 10, 2015

Jelly Bean Fudge

When my aunt asked me to bake for Easter this year, I decided to do something different. So I started searching online for recipes. Specifically, Easter desserts. I noticed a few flavor trends: 
  • Coconut (nope, couldn't do that - only Mom and Nonni like that)
  • Peanut butter (no, not that - Carly's allergic)
  • Fruits, such as lemon and raspberry (just did the lemon cupcakes so might need to stay away from fruit for a while)
I also saw a lot of jelly beans, which to me screamed "Easter," so I started to focus on that. Eventually, I found an easy recipe for Jelly Bean Fudge. Just 3 ingredients. The results were ... interesting, to say the least.







Jelly Bean Fudge (source)



Ingredients


2 cups of Jelly Beans (a little over 1 bag of jelly beans, depending on the brand you get)

1 can of vanilla frosting

1 (12 oz) bag of white chocolate chips

Directions

In medium bowl, melt chocolate chips according to package directions.

While chocolate is melting, take wax paper and place in 8 inch square pan. Make sure to have it going over the sides so you can easily remove the fudge. (I used foil - just as effective)

When chocolate is melted, stir in vanilla frosting, mixing completely.

Stir in Jelly Beans.

Pour in prepared pan and place in fridge for 2-3 hours.

When you are ready to eat, remove from pan by lifting up wax paper. Slice and enjoy. (tip for slicing: leave fudge out for a few hours first. They'll probably cut a little better.)




Let's just say that I'm not going to make these again. While I was aware from the blogger's post that the fudge wasn't going to be as smooth as I'm used to fudge being, I think mine came out even more crumbly than I was anticipating. As I was putting the fudge on the plate, pieces were falling apart and crumbling in my hands. The final presentation was a mess! The few people who tried it liked it (I think. I didn't really hear any comments on the fudge). I took it into work yesterday and a lot of it was eaten. I brought it home to take to the other office I work in but it got squished en route so I had to toss it. I know not everything can be perfect/successful but I was expecting better than what I got, especially for a family gathering. Live and learn.




No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...