Thursday, March 23, 2017

Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls

Ever since she was a little girl, my cousin Carly has loved sprinkles on her ice cream. I remember every year in Chelan, there'd be a container of the stuff in the cabinets that her parents had brought. It's pretty much the only topping she'd have (it's possible this has changed as she's gotten older and she's added chocolate syrup or something but I'm a horrible person who doesn't pay attention so I'm not sure). So when picking out her 16th birthday present, I decided to stick with sprinkles (a.k.a. funfetti). Since I was on limited time and ingredients, I also looked at no-bake posts on my Pinterest boards (because apparently I have no other sources for recipes...) and finally decided on edible cookie dough. Because what teenager/person doesn't like edible cookie dough?






Funfetti Cookie Dough Balls (source)




Ingredients


  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (not teaspoon)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • pinch salt, optional and to taste (I did add some based on knowledge I've gained over the past year while watching Food Network and I think it made a difference)
  • 1 tablespoon milk or cream, only if necessary for dough consistency (I ended up not needing it)
  • 1/3 cup white chocolate chips (I just used the remaining milk chocolate chips from the Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies)
  • 1/3 cup sprinkles


Directions


  1. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the butter, sugars, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.
  2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, baking soda, optional salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
  3. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the white chocolate chips, sprinkles, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds. If your dough seems dry or crumbly, add milk or cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough comes together. Conversely, if your dough seems too wet, add flour 1 tablespoon at a time until dough comes together.
  4. Using a 2-inch cookie scoop or your hands, form approximately 13 equal-sized mounds of dough and roll into balls. Serve immediately. Cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 1 month, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.


Um, I think she loved them 😝


Also, her mom texted me a few days later saying she'd tried one and they were fabulous.





No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...