Sunday, June 3, 2018

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I have a confession that probably won't be a surprise to those who know me: I'm a carboholic. Specifically bread. You know that healthy eating tip that says to replace the carb of your sandwich (bread, bun, etc.) with a veggie or something? Yeah, I roll my eyes at that one. I'm even interested in bread served at restaurants I will never go to. Like Red Lobster (other than Gorton's brand fish sticks, seafood doesn't appeal to me). I've heard nothing but raves over the years for their cheddar biscuits. Which basically meant I had to try them. Thank goodness for copycat recipes on the internet! (Yes, I know you can buy the mix at the store. And while I almost got it because of the ingredients, I decided to stick with making these from scratch.) I've saved a few on Pinterest so I looked at all of them and decided on one from Damn Delicious.






Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits (source)





Ingredients


  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • FOR THE TOPPING: 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted; 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves; 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (instead of doing the topping, I just added parsley flakes to the biscuit dough)


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper, if using.
  3. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together buttermilk and butter. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Gently fold in cheese (and parsley flakes).
  4. Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup, scoop the batter evenly onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
  5. For the topping, whisk together butter, parsley and garlic powder in a small bowl. Working one at a time, brush the tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture.
  6. Serve immediately. (They freeze really well.)
I can see why people love these - they're delicious! I have no idea if the cheese is supposed to be melty though. Mine aren't (that might just be a side effect of being frozen.)









No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...