Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies

Kevin is definitely better at the internet than I am. He finds all kinds of articles and videos on Facebook or to post to Facebook and will tag the appropriate people if necessary. Like a food page's post of a recipe for chocolate chip cookies with graham cracker cookies that he tagged me in the comment section, asking me to try it. I asked him and he said for his birthday. So I did! (Coincidentally, I had just pinned the same recipe a few hours earlier, but he didn't need to know that nor would he have cared.)






Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Cookies (source)




Ingredients


  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy
  3. Beat in the vanilla and egg until well combined.
  4. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture until just combined.
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  6. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop balls of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes. Cookies will look slightly underdone, but should set up nicely as they cool.



Kevin, his girlfriend Helen, and I each tried one. They were delicious (although personally I couldn't taste the graham crackers. Maybe I was trying too hard to find the taste?)








No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...