Saturday, April 28, 2018

Sopapilla Cheesecake

For several years my mom had a Relay For Life team (RFL is a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society. Cancer has hit both sides of my family). One way to raise money for your teams is to have a fundraiser party through a direct sales company, like Pampered Chef. Mom hosted a couple Pampered Chef parties, one of which was Mexican themed. She asked me to make a dessert for it and I somehow found a recipe for Sopapilla Cheesecake squares. Pretty sure they were a big hit since Mom suggested I make them for Kevin and Helen's housewarming party last week. (They were going to serve Mexican food so I guess she figured that was the theme?) Anyway, I started searching for a recipe using eggs since I had a few eggs leftover from Easter baking. I finally found one on Jo Cooks.







Sopapilla Cheesecake (source)


Ingredients


  • 2 packages of cream cheese, 8 oz. each
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 packages Pillsbury crescent rolls
  • 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tbsp ground cinnamon


Directions


  1. Preheat your oven to 350°F degrees.
  2. Add the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add the egg, vanilla extract, salt and mix for another 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth and creamy and there are no lumps.
  3. Unroll one package of crescent rolls into a 9x13 inch baking pan and line the bottom with the crescent dough.
  4. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the bottom crescent layer, spreading it evenly over the entire surface.
  5. Unroll the other package of crescent rolls and stretch it carefully over the filling.
  6. Brush the melted butter over over the top.
  7. In a smaller bowl combine the 1/4 cup granulated sugar and the cinnamon, then sprinkle over the top of the cheesecake. (I ended up mixing the sugar and cinnamon in with the melted butter then poured it on top of the cheesecake. Seemed to work just as well.)
  8. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
  9. You can serve this warm or chilled. If refrigerating, cover with a plastic wrap.
  10. Serve it by drizzling some honey or chocolate syrup over the top.


I think I heard the phrase "So good!" more than usual (granted, there were more people than usual since this was our family and Kevin's friends. But still). I left early so I put the leftovers on a plate. Hopefully they got eaten! (If not by partygoers than by Kevin and Helen.)









No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...