Sunday, January 27, 2019

Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hate having leftover ingredients. With a few exceptions (mainly coconut), I try to use them up as soon as I can. Even if they can last a long time, like the leftover sweetened condensed milk I had from Auntie Paldina's coconut truffles. Coincidentally, I came across a cookie recipe on Pinterest that uses a small amount of sweetened condensed milk. It seemed very simple and easy. Also, it's egg-free and low in sugar since the milk makes up for that. The recipe is from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs.







Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies (source)



Ingredients


  • 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • dash of salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips

Directions


  1. Preheat your oven to 350℉.
  2. Using a mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
  3. Mix in the sweetened condensed milk.
  4. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
  5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and combine.
  6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  7. Roll the batter into 1 inch balls. (I just used a cookie scoop. Tried to roll them but the dough was too sticky.)
  8. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart, and flatten the dough balls slightly. (Again, the dough was too sticky to flatten. Not sure it made much of a difference.)
  9. Bake for ~ 10 minutes (the edges should be only slightly golden).
I only got about half as many cookies as what the blog yielded but that's probably because I used my medium cookie scoop. Also, I still had 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk leftover. A quick google search gave me a recipe on another blog that essentially halves this recipe (but less mental math for the 3/4 cup-to-tablespoons conversion). I'll make those next weekend as I'm determined to use up the milk (even though it apparently can last a while in the fridge).








No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...