Saturday, January 18, 2020

Chocolate-Brownie Biscotti

Confession: Kevin's recipe was a backup. I didn't know what to make for Kevin at first. My indecisiveness kicked in, as always. I did, however, pick out a recipe for Helen (his fiancé[!!]) as a backup in case I couldn't find a Filipino cookie recipe. When I did find a recipe, I decided to use the other recipe as Kevin's gift. I found it in one of the grocery store magazines I used to constantly buy. This one was from Good Housekeeping and specific to the holidays.







Chocolate-Brownie Biscotti (Good Housekeeping Cookie Swap, on shelves until January 15, 2016, pg. 64)





Ingredients


  • 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/3 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 c. almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
  • 12 oz. white or semisweet chocolate, melted (I got Reese's peanut butter chips since Kevin likes peanut butter)


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 325℉. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  2. In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter, eggs, and vanilla until mixed. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until blended. Knead in nuts and chocolate by hand (kinda glossed over the chocolate part. The picture in the magazine doesn't look to have white chocolate in the cookies even though the cookies are dipped in it.)
  3. Drop dough by spoonfuls down length of large ungreased cookie sheet, creating 2 equal-size rows, at least 3 in. apart. Shape each row into 12" by 3" log. Bake about 30 minutes. Set cookie sheet on wire rack to cool, 15 minutes.
  4. Transfer logs to cutting board. Slice diagonally into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Arrange biscotti, cut side down, on cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Cool completely on cookie sheet on wire rack. Dip or drizzle each biscotti with chocolate. Let harden on wax paper.
  5. Store in airtight containers between layers of waxed paper up to 2 weeks, or freeze up to 3 months.

Once again, I think the logs were a bit overbaked so some of the pieces came apart as I cut the log and again as I dipped the cookies (I kept the smaller pieces). He seemed to like them though.









No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...