Sunday, January 19, 2020

Pinipig Cookies

For the last several years I've been wanting to make Helen a Filipino dessert (specifically a cookie) recipe for Christmas since she grew up in the Philippines. However, the rare time I searched I didn't find any that I would be confident in making. This year was a little different: Kevin and Helen got engaged in September. Which is why I decided I would for sure make a Filipino cookie for her present this year.

The search results were interesting though - cookies that were more what I think of as American (e.g. chocolate chip cookies) but were mainly from bloggers of Filipino descent/origin. A bit confusing. While there were some that sounded like Filipino cookies, I was still a bit unsure for some reason. So I decided to ask my co-worker who's Filipino (I have several co-workers who are). She gave me a recipe for Pinipig cookies by a Boston chef of Filipino heritage, posted to BostonChefs.com.








Pinipig Cookies (source)




Ingredients


  • 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
  • 3/4 cups sugar
  • 2 each eggs, large
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350℉ and grease two baking sheets.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  3. Add eggs one at a time and beat until incorporated.
  4. Beat in the lemon zest.
  5. In a separate bowl, sift all purpose flour, baking powder & salt until well incorporated.
  6. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined.
  7. Stir in the Rice Krispies.
  8. Drop teaspoons of batter two inches apart on greased baking sheets.
  9. Bake the cookies on low fan for 12 minutes, making sure to rotate the cooking sheet after 6 minutes.
  10. Once done cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.


Helen seemed very glad to get them. I might make them for myself once.







No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...