Saturday, November 30, 2013

Rolo Fudge


Other than the cheesecake, my mom wanted me to make something else, particularly with chocolate. I kinda wanted to make this Rolo fudge that I came across a couple years ago and made last year (I think for our Labor Day get-together but I can't remember). So I decided to make it, even though my mom felt it was too rich for Thanksgiving (um, what?). The recipe is from a blog called Shugary Sweets. The blogger there actually made Rolo Turtle fudge, also adding chopped pecans. Because of Carly's allergy and my preference for nut-free baked goods, I just left the pecans out and doubled the amount of Rolos (at the suggestion of the blogger, which was in response to my comment about not liking nuts). These were also a hit on Thursday.


Rolo Fudge (source)



  • 40 Rolo candies, cut in half (as I said, I used 80 candies)
  • 1 1/2 cup Marshmallow Cream
  • 3 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cup pecans, chopped (as I said, I left these out)
  1. In a saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallow cream, milk and chocolate chips. Stir constantly until completely melted and creamy.
  2. Stir in vanilla and pecans. Fold in Rolo candy.
  3. Pour into a foil lined 13x9 pan. Refrigerate until cool. Cut into squares.
Everyone loved them so much that Nonni asked me to freeze the leftovers and bring them to Christmas dinner. There was about half a pan left so that should be doable.










No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...