Friday, December 5, 2014

Twix Bar Cookies

One of my favorite and least favorite things about the holidays is that my shows go on a little break. It's my least favorite thing for obvious reasons but at the same time, I also don't mind it because it that means I don't have as many shows to catch up on over the weekend. This leaves me with free time to bake if I want to. And after making the Milky Way cookie bars for Thanksgiving, I still had a lot of leftover Halloween candy so with only a couple shows to catch up on over Thanksgiving weekend, I decided to bake for my co-workers. There was no way I was going to get rid of my 3 Musketeers and M&Ms just yet so Twix was the only option. After looking at the Twix recipes I'd bookmarked, I decided on the cookies from Your Homebased Mom. The recipe is similar to your basic chocolate chip cookie recipe but also very different. Plus, they'd be easy to take into work.




Twix Bar Cookies (source)



Ingredients

  • 2 C plus 2 Tbsp flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 12 Tbsp unsalted butter,melted and cooled until warm
  • 1 C packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 C sugar
  • 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 C coarsely chopped Twix Bars


Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
  2. Chop your Twix bar into 1/4 inch chunks: Cut each bar in half lengthwise and then chop into 1/4 inch pieces width wise
  3. In a bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Set aside
  4. In your mixer blend butter and sugars together until combined
  5. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla
  6. Add in dry ingredients and beat until just combined
  7. Fold in Twix Bar chunks
  8. Bake for 13-16 minutes until light golden brown and edges start to harden but center is soft. Do not over bake
  9. Because of the caramel in the Twix they may stick a bit to the cookie sheet so use a spatula to remove (or line your cookie sheets with parchment paper and baking mats like I did. The one with the circles on it is Pampered Chef.)
Last time I baked for work I was complimented but told to never bake again (ha! Told them that was never going to happen). Wasn't told the same thing this time but I did get lots of compliments. They were still gone by the time I went to retrieve the carrier base as I was getting ready to go home.









No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...