Monday, July 6, 2015

Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies

After the success of my mom's Mother's Day gift, I decided to do the same for my dad. I figured I could do one of two things: make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, Dad's favorite from the Cle Elum Bakery, or make something with Snickers, Dad's favorite candy. I decided to start searching for Snickers recipes and make the other ones if I lucked out.




I started searching on Pinterest since I just joined and recipes are one of the types of pins that the site has plenty of (plus I've discovered that you have to have a Pinterest account in order to see the Pinterest search pages that come up in a Google search). I decided to stick with cookies or bars since those are easy to box up. A few pins down, I came across a recipe for Snickers stuffed peanut butter cookies from Crazy for Crust. Like with Mom's bars, these combined two of Dad's favorite things: peanut butter and Snickers. Jackpot!




Snickers Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies (source)


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • About 22 Snickers Minis, unwrapped (I used Snickers bites, which come already unwrapped. They seemed to work just fine. I also needed 24 instead of 22.)


Directions

  1. Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add egg, vanilla, milk, and salt and baking soda. Mix until combined. Slowly add flour and mix until dough comes together. Chill your dough for at least 30 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment or silpat baking mats.
  3. Scoop 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough. Press each one flat in the palm of your hand, place a Snickers Mini in the center and wrap the dough around it, rolling to form a ball. Place on cookie sheet 2” apart. Use a fork to make a small criss-cross pattern on the top. They won’t flatten because of the Snickers, but they’ll have the pattern.
  4. Bake for 13-16 minutes, until they just begin to brown. Cool completely and remove from cookie sheets.
  5. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. They can be frozen in sealable containers or ziploc bags between layers of paper towels for up to one month.
I lined the cookies up in a window treat box and scattered the remaining Snickers amongst the cookies (I knew he wouldn't care if I put stickers on the box but I still wanted to do something decorative. Besides, I'm not the biggest fan of Snickers).




A week after Father's Day I asked him if he liked them as I hadn't heard from him yet. He said they were really good and almost gone. Success!







No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...