Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Marshmallow Stuffed Cookies

Over the past few years my parents have had friends and family over for a Labor Day BBQ. This year my mom asked me to bake a dessert, something easy to grab like cookies. Since I had mini marshmallows leftover from some s'mores bars I made last month, I decided to look for recipes with them so I could try and use up the bag (didn't succeed; I still have about half the bag). I eventually found a recipe for Marshmallow Stuffed Cookies on Smart School House. Who doesn't like finding a surprise in their cookie?







Marshmallow Stuffed Cookies (source)



Ingredients


  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cups cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1 cup salted butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cups of mini chocolate chips (I also had regular-sized chocolate chips that needed to be used up so I used those instead. Worked just as well.)
  • 8 oz. of FROZEN miniature marshmallows


Directions


  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Keep the mini marshmallows in the freezer until you are ready to roll them into the cookie batter (they melt very quickly and you need them to be frozen until they go into the oven).
  3. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
  4. In a new bowl, combine the sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla. Mix at medium speed with an electric mixer.
  5. Add in the flour mixture and blend until the batter is very thick (it really will be stiff!).
  6. Take 4 marshmallows into the palm of your hand – as seen below.
  7. Spoon a heaping tablespoon (I just used my hands and guessed) of dough over the marshmallows and wrap them inside forming a ball.
  8. Place the stuffed cookie dough balls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
  9. Gently press 7-8 mini chocolate chips (4-5 regular chocolate chips) onto the top of each cookie dough ball.
  10. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

The blog I got the recipe from didn't say how many cookies it makes but I was able to get 26 out of it. Might've gotten more (and used more marshmallows) if I had actually used a tablespoon to scoop the dough instead of just guessed.



Everyone loved them. Some even took some home. Nonni even texted me on Monday morning to say that she had one for breakfast because she didn't know what to have - and it hit the spot!








No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...