Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Death by Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last year when I was picking out Kevin's girlfriend Helen's present all Kevin would tell me for her favorite flavors was that she liked chocolate (which I kinda already knew). In a way, it wasn't that helpful (as evidenced by how I picked Kevin's gift, I can be indecisive at times). Still, over the last year as I've come across super-chocolatey recipes on Pinterest, I've saved them. I ended up having quite a few chocolate recipes to choose from so I just picked one of the death-by-chocolate cookie recipes at random. I have many, many more years to use the dozen or so other recipes.





Death by Chocolate Chip Cookies (source)


Ingredients

  • 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (the day I baked these I had to go to the store for my regular shopping and after needing this but not having it twice, I finally decided to get some)
  • 1 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar (this is the brand of the website the recipe came from. I noticed that the only granulated sugar they have is extra fine so I figured regular sugar would still work)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips
  • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate chips


Directions

  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. In medium microwave-safe bowl, melt 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate in microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
  3. In large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
  4. In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment cream butter and sugar together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
  5. Add melted chocolate and stir until combined.
  6. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth and incorporated.
  7. Stir in dry ingredients into chocolate mixture until dough forms.
  8. Finally, fold in chocolate chips.
  9. Chill dough for one hour.
  10. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  11. Using a cookie scoop or large spoon drop cookie dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-13 minutes until edges are set.
  12. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
  13. Store in a airtight container for up to 3 days.


The recipe apparently makes 2 dozen cookies but I made way more (and may or may not have kept the extras for myself after packing Helen's box). Considering she was halfway through a cookie before I had finished handing the boxes out to my brothers and Kati, I think Helen liked these.😊










No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...