Saturday, March 25, 2017

Lemon Brownies

I've noticed on Pinterest that lemon seems to be a popular flavor of Italian baking. While it could be argued that most of the food bloggers who call lemon cookies "Italian cookies" don't know what they're talking about, I choose to believe them since my mom and sister-in-law both love the Italian liqueur Limoncello (a.k.a. lemon). So I guess I wasn't too surprised when my mom recently told me that Anthony loves lemon. And while I was indecisive at first, I decided to make him lemon brownies for his birthday. I'd always wanted to make them so why not for my brother's birthday present?






Lemon Brownies (source)




Ingredients


  • 3/4 C All Purpose flour
  • 3/4 C sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 stick butter, soft
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tablespoon of Lemon juice
  • zest from 1/2 lemon (about 1t - I just used lemon extract)


Directions


  1. Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
  2. Mix in the softened butter.
  3. In another bowl whisk the eggs with the lemon juice and zest.
  4. Add to the larger bowl and mix well.
  5. Pour into prepared 8X8 brownie pan.
  6. Bake at 350℉ for 25 minutes.
  7. You can double the recipe and bake in a 9X13 pan for 30 minutes.
  8. Remove and let cool
Anthony was really excited when he opened the box. He seemed to like them.








No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...