Sunday, August 6, 2017

Egg Yolk Cookies

I try not to be wasteful when it comes to food. So when I made my macarons I didn't want to just throw out the 5 egg yolks that were leftover. While researching the correct way to make macarons last year, I came across a Q&A on Food Nouveau that included some ideas for using up the yolks. I decided to keep it simple and make Egg Yolk Cookies from Food.com.







Egg Yolk Cookies (source)




Ingredients


  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
  • 6 egg yolks (or 3 whole eggs) (5 seemed to work just fine)
  • 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract (I think this is optional because I didn't include it and the cookies turned out fine)
  • 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract (I think this is optional because I didn't include it and the cookies turned out fine)


Directions


  1. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
  2. Separately, beat egg yolks and add extracts.
  3. Add beaten egg yolk mixture to creamed butter and sugar.
  4. Blend well.
  5. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda and cream of tartar).
  6. Add dry ingredients to creamed butter, sugar and egg mixture, mixing until well blended.
  7. Form into balls about the size of a walnut. (Or use a cookie scoop)
  8. Roll balls in sugar, place on greased cookie sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet, and slightly flatten. (Kinda fully skipped this step)
  9. Bake at 350℉ for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on desired softness/crispness.
The cookies seemed to turn out great. They tasted good too.







No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...