Sunday, March 11, 2018

Very Chocolate Chocolate Cookies

I'm not a fan of dark chocolate. It's just too bitter for me. I'll eat it when I have to but I try to avoid it. Anthony, on the other hand, is the complete opposite. He loves dark chocolate. The darker the better, apparently (as in, 80% cacao or higher). Having recently learned this, I decided to make something dark chocolate for him for his birthday. When searching for a recipe I stuck with Nestle and Hershey's since they're synonymous with baking and chocolate (plus I had bittersweet chocolate chips that I'd bought with a coupon for this gift). I finally settled on Very Chocolate Chocolate Cookies from the Hershey's website.






Very Chocolate Chocolate Cookies (source)




Ingredients


  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa or HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks) , softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons milk plus 1 teaspoon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips (12-oz. pkg.)
  • 1 cup nuts chopped

Directions


  1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add butter, eggs, milk and vanilla; beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet.
  3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or just until set. (Do not over bake.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 42 cookies.
Anthony liked them, although he probably would've been happier had I used the dark chocolate cocoa powder or even searched out cacao nibs. Oh well - there's always Christmas!








No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...