Wednesday, July 14, 2021

White Chocolate Blondies

I don't know why but I've always been a fan of blondie bars. They're definitely in my top 5 favorite desserts. I think it's the different taste that appeals to me (I do like butterscotch). So when it came time to choose a new recipe for weekend lunch dessert, I decided to make a pan of blondies. Rather than use the Betty Crocker Cooky Book recipe I usually make, I decided to look in the 50 Brownies insert that I got in an issue of Food Network Magazine. I made a fudgy brownie recipe from it and was IN LOVE (seriously, I think it was better than the box mix that even I prefer for brownies) so I figured the same would be the case for blondie bars.




White Chocolate Blondies (Source: Food Network Magazine "50 Brownies" insert from March 2012 issue)




Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 2 cups dark brown sugar (light brown sugar works too)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp bourbon (optional)
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips (obviously I used white chocolate chips. And a whole bag, which is about 2 cups. Didn't seem to affect the batter)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325℉. Coat a 9x13 pan with cooking spray
  2. Whisk butter and brown sugar in a bowl. Whisk in eggs, bourbon, and vanilla.
  3. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt.
  4. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  5. Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Cool on a rack then cut.
While they aren't as chewy as I'd like, they're still delicious.




No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...