Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Velvety Cheesecake

This year for Easter, Auntie Vicki suggested something different than usual: a plain cheesecake that could be topped with fresh berries. For my search, I decided to stick with my books and magazines since I tend to go on autopilot to the internet. I considered choosing a fruit-flavored cheesecake but eventually decided to stick to finding a plain flavor. In the end, I chose a recipe from one of the pocket magazines I once grabbed from the register display, specifically by Gooseberry Patch.





Velvety Cheesecake (Gooseberry Patch Our Best Desserts, on shelves until Summer 2011, pg. 36)



Ingredients

  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • ¾ cup plus 3 tbsp. sugar, divided
  • 3 tbsp. butter, melted
  • 3 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
  • 2 tbsp. flour
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup (8 oz.) sour cream
  • Desired toppings (to keep with the Easter/spring theme, I decided on raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries that I obviously arranged to look like a bunny. I also got a can of Reddi-Whip)

Directions

  1. Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan. Bake at 325℉ for 10 minutes. Cool.
  2. Beat cream cheese, remaining ¾ cup sugar, flour, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yolk disappears. Stir in sour cream.
  3. Pour batter into cooled crust. Bake at 325℉ for 45 minutes or until edges are set and center is almost set. Turn off oven. Immediately run a knife around edge of pan, releasing sides (see note). Close oven door and let cheesecake stand in oven 45 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
  5. Remove sides of pan. Add desired toppings.

  • I just used a butter knife, which as you can see might not have been the best choice. Other than an angled spatula, though, I'm not entirely sure what should be used to release the sides cleanly. Maybe a kitchen tool I don't have?






No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...