Sunday, December 31, 2017

Vanilla Wafer Cookies

Because I'm a chocoholic myself, I tend to gravitate for chocolate recipes when choosing someone's gift if I know they like chocolate. So for Kevin I decided to look at vanilla recipes. I eventually chose Vanilla Wafer Cookies in the Taste of Home Christmas Cookies 2012 magazine. (For some reason my thinking was "Ooh, wafers, just like in Kit-Kat bars." More like the Nilla Wafers you can get in the cookie aisle. Oops. Oh well.)






Vanilla Wafer Cookies (Taste of Home Christmas Cookies 2012, on shelves until 12/2012, pg. 43-44)



Ingredients


  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt


Directions


  1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
  2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350℉ for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.


Kevin liked them - I think. When I told him what they were he seemed curious about their taste at least.







No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...