Sunday, July 28, 2019

Blonde Beauties (S'mores Blondies)

Last year I decided to make M&M cookies for Chelan since Nonni wasn't going to be able to make them. I ended up making two other types of cookies as well. Since they were such a hit (I had all three containers empty and clean by Wednesday of our week, if I remember correctly), I figured I'd repeat that this year. Other than the family-favorite M&M cookies, I chose two flavors that I was pretty sure the family would love: s'mores and lemon. After looking through my s'mores recipe book, I picked a s'mores blondie bar.







Blonde Beauties/S'mores Blondies (Gimmie S'more!, pg. 18)




Ingredients


  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (7 oz.) package chocolate stars, chopped (never heard of these until now but apparently they're a thing that candy company Brach's makes. I just used chocolate chips instead and measured out 7 oz.)
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows


Directions


  1. Heat oven to 350℉. Coat a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray
  2. Stir together first four ingredients. In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed until creamy. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Spread batter in pan and bake 23 to 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
  3. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chopped chocolate and marshmallows; return to oven and bake 10 minutes more or until marshmallows are puffy and golden brown. Let cool in pan at least 10 minutes before cutting.


Somehow the brownie part was twice as thick as the picture. They were still delicious. At least, I thought so. One comment I got on them was from Tristan: "They're messy." Which, you know, I kinda expected 😄. Other than that, though, I'm not sure people liked them: I never heard any other comments and there was most likely a lot leftover on Friday 😞










No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...