Sunday, July 28, 2019

Lemon Yogurt Cookies

I've noticed that lemon is a bit of an Italian flavor. So to me it made sense to find a lemon recipe for my Italian family to enjoy while on vacation. I chose a cookie recipe from one of my cookies and bars cookbooks. This one had an ingredient I had never used before: yogurt. Still, I figured it'd be easy to find. Lemon's gotta be a yogurt flavor that all stores have right?

Nope! The only lemon yogurts that Target has are Greek, which I was aware would change the flavor. So to avoid changing it for the worse, I went to Safeway after putting my groceries away at home. They tend to have a lot more flavor options of certain items. Fortunately, yogurt ended up being one of those items. Now all I had left to do was make the cookies.







Lemon Yogurt Cookies (500 Best Cookies, Bars, & Squares, pg. 34)




Ingredients


  • 2 1/2 cups + 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup low-fat lemon yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
  • 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • There's also optional toppings of powdered sugar and a lemon butter frosting recipe from the book but I wanted to keep these simple so I didn't use them


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 375℉. Lightly grease cookie sheets (or line with parchment/silpats)
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt, lemon zest, and juice until well blended. Add flour mixture and mix well.
  4. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, about 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool on sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or frost, if desired.


This is a very lemony cookie. My mom even said I could make them for her instead of the usual coconut white chocolate chip cookies. However, again, that's the only feedback I got. I kinda wonder if these were as well received as the ones I made last year. So if I decide to make cookies again next year, I might just do M&M cookies and leave it at that.







No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...