Monday, January 1, 2018

Gifts for others

Don't worry, I didn't forget my dad! As I said in Mom's post, I try not to do something different for my dad after that cake I made him a couple years ago with frosting that wasn't our family's chocolate recipe. So this year I decided to combine his two favorite cookies: M&M (whenever Nonni makes a batch for a family gathering he always claims she made them for him only) and peanut butter chocolate chip. The result looked interesting but Dad seemed to like it (he was a bit secretive so everyone else wouldn't know if they were good or not). I might just make these for myself one day!


I've also given candy to the cousins (Chiara, Carly, Matteo, Declan, and Gianna) for the last few years. They're very easy to make: just get Wilton's Candy Melts (I honestly have no idea if other baking brands have similar products), melt them down, pour them into candy molds, stick in the fridge or freezer until firm, and pop out. I even got a candy melting and decorating tool to make things easier. I feel like I didn't make as many candies this year but I don't think the kids cared.






No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...