Monday, January 1, 2018

Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Our family grew a little bit in 2017 when back in March Anthony and Kati got a dog. They named him Dan, after Anthony's favorite baseball player Dan Wilson. At first I wasn't going to make him anything but after a while I decided "Why not?" Apparently there are a lot of recipes for homemade dog treats with two main ingredients: peanut butter and meat (usually bacon). I decided to keep it simple and just stick with peanut butter dog treats. I ended up finding an easy recipe on Puppy Leaks.






Peanut Butter Dog Treats (source)




Ingredients


  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy, doesn't matter)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water


Directions


  1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
  2. Mix together your flour, peanut butter & eggs in a large bowl until slightly combined.
  3. Add in a little bit of water (approximately one Tbsp at a time) until the mixture becomes wet enough to roll out as dough.
  4. Roll out your dough & cut out your favorite shapes with some cookie cutters. (I chose the round cookie cutter because I knew my mom was going to get him treat shooter so I figured/hoped these would fit. If not, Anthony and Kati can just use them for training. Also, use up as much dough as you can! I tasted the dough just out of curiosity and it was disgusting! Probably because there's not sugar or vanilla or any regular cookie ingredients.)
  5. Place your treats onto your baking sheet & cook for about 15 minutes.
Anthony made me go through some of Dan's training commands (sit, shake, etc.) before giving him one. That dog gobbled it right up!







No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...