Thursday, January 17, 2019

Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies

A while back I made Kevin some gooey cake bars with Thin Mints. Another ingredient in these bars is Andes Crème de Menthe pieces. Since I made the bars for Kevin twice for his birthday (not to mention the homemade Thin Mints I made him), I figured he'd like mint cookies. While searching through my clipped recipes (mainly from Good Housekeeping, People Country and various packages), I kept coming back to Crème de Menthe Cookies from the pieces bag so I stuck with those. The recipe is also available on the parent company's recipes website.






Andes Crème de Menthe Cookies



Ingredients


  • 1/2 cup salted butter - softened
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 package (10 oz.) Andes® Crème de Menthe Baking Chips or 2 packages 4.67 oz Andes Crème de Menthe, chopped (I ended up unknowingly doing the latter because I couldn't find the former in stores despite there being a spot for them on store shelves)
  • 2-2/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour


Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  2. Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed. Stir in Andes Baking Chips and then flour.
  3. Chill approximately one hour in the refrigerator.
  4. Measure out approximately 1 oz. of dough. Form a ball and slightly flatten.
  5. Raise oven rack one level above the middle and bake on non-stick baking pans.
  6. Bake at 350° F for approximately 8 - 10 minutes. Cool on pans for two minutes before removing.


Not sure if Kevin loved them but Anthony did (this is the same brand as the peppermint chips he loves so I wasn't surprised.)






No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...